Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has located many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life varieties have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover bons plans à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest city and second largest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Romans and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach presently there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.